A family vacation is a time for bonding, sharing and spending quality time with each other. While a holy trip to Vaishno Devi is the ideal vacation for a family comprising all of that it also makes for a beautiful spiritual journey that is hard to replicate elsewhere. Vaishno Devi Tour Package is one of the most popular and adored tours opted by families as well as individuals as means to connect with the almighty, Vaishno Mata, and at the same time bag in hordes of beautiful moments that inadvertently fall in your path while making the great Vaishno Devi Yatra.
Let’s find out what all there is to know about Mata Vaishno Devi and why the Vaishno Devi Trip is so popular.
1. Grand Vaishno Devi Temple
2. DeviA considerable number of pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi every year
3. The exciting Vaishno Devi Story
4. Another intriguing Vaishno Devi Story
5. Vaishno Devi is an archaeologically, geographically and mythologically important site
6. Vaishno Devi Yatra also gives way to a beautiful opportunity of trekking in the mountains
7. The region around Vaishno Devi Mandir offers resplendent natural beauty
8. Vaishno Devi Tour is most profound and satisfying during the Navratri
9. It is much more than a pilgrimage site
10. A Vaishno Devi Trip promises a great time for your family
How to Reach Vaishno Devi
The tiny town of Katra located only 50 km away from Jammu, serves as the base camp for Vaishno Devi Yatra. Jammu is the nearest airport and railhead for Vaishno Devi Tour. You can take a bus, which costs around Rs. 50, from Jammu Bus Stand or a taxi which can be hailed for approximately Rs. 1500, to reach Katra.
From here, it is a 12 km long uphill journey on a well-paved path, to the Vaishno Devi Temple. However, if you or any of your family members are ill or is not able to hike that long, you can opt for a Vaishno Devi Helicopter Package. There are regular Vaishno Devi Helicopter rides available from Katra to Sanjhi Chhat, from where it is just a comfortable 2 and a half km long walk up to the shrine. You can book one of the regular Vaishno Devi Helicopterrides offered on the official website of Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board or can opt for a convenient Vaishno Devi Tour Package which also provides this useful service.
There are also many ponies, palanquins and porters available on the way for hiring which you can opt for to make your climb even more agreeable.